Search This Blog

Monday, 28 November 2016

Photoshop final poster draft- Tasha Reynolds



Below is my final Photoshop poster draft, where I have taken into consideration critical comments from others to develop and improve this poster.

Conventions that have been added/improved:
  • I added another film festival logo to improve the realism of the short film poster. When doing this I wanted to make sure that I chose a film festival that is well known but also of the same colour scheme that I wanted; black.
  • I have included our production logo onto the poster as it reinforces the professionalism our film.
  •  I also included the 'Little White Lies' logo as we will be writing a review for them, so this instigates our collaboration and teamwork with them.
  • Although it isn't very visible in the image above, I have darkened the colour of the billing block and edited it with all the institutional information needed on it.
  • A lot of the feedback that I got was focused on the title and its font and size, so I have changed the font to a more bold block-like text and made it larger. However, we have decided to use a different font which will be on the final poster.
This is the type of font style we want the title to look like as we think it appears more personal as it resembles someone's handwriting. As our film centres around a young teenage girl we thought that it would relate to her as it focuses on her story so this font could resemble something the character would write in a diary. Additionally, the phrase "One Year" is significantly important to the protagonist as its one year since her sister has passed away.

We found this font on a website called Dafont.com

Billing block we are going to use on final poster
Our production company logo that I have included on the poster






No comments:

Post a Comment