Search This Blog

Wednesday, 9 November 2016

Photoshop Poster -Jess Smith

The Title: I decided to write the title in an unusual font because many short films, such as the film shown below, have unique font, therefore I wanted to conform to this trend. 
I also wanted the colour to stand out on the image and wanted to vary it from the usual black or white colouring, therefore I though dark purple matched well, it was clear and also created a nice contrast against the sky and sea blue. The title is also written in lower case characters because I liked the way the letters looked, in comparison to being in capitals, in particularly the Y. 

Film Festivals: I included the logos of famous short film festivals, such the Edinburgh Film Festival and Miami Short Film Festival. Both festivals are specific to short films, however they advertise all genre's of films, therefore a wider audience can be addressed by including the logo's on the film poster. I have also added the Little White Lies film review magazine's logo onto the poster because it implies it is in association with a well know, film magazine. Overall, all of these logos being on the poster represent sophistication and interesting for readers to see. I placed all of the logo's in the corner of the poster because they still stand out, however they don't take away all the attention.

Film Production Name: I placed our production name underneath the title because this ensures readers will see it. I also decided to write it in capital letters because I think it creates a nice contrast against the title which is all in lower case. The size of the text is also smaller than the title, however it is still clear to see and is still obvious to the audience.

Billing Block: I edited the whole billing block to fit to our group. I chose to place it above the pier railings as it fitted well there and also appears in a good size, in comparison to the pier in the image and the logo's above it. By adding a billing block it also adds a high level of sophistication to the poster as it is something that all short, and feature length films aim to include, in order to look professional and attractive.

Image: I selected this image for the poster background because it is very simple. I doesn't have a lot happening in it, therefore I gave me more space to add in text and logo's. I also think there is a sense of sadness to the image as the two characters seem very still and as Ashlee has her arm around Amy, which is connoting the narrative. Similarly, I also think the lighting is conveying the same feeling as it is quite dark and hazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment