Search This Blog

Friday, 14 October 2016

Script- Tasha Reynolds

OPENING SCENE


PAGE 1
IN AMY’S BEDROOM

Amy is getting ready for school while her older sister Ashlee is sitting on her bed chatting with her.

AMY
Did you see Joey and Kate are back together?

Ashlee looks surprised.

ASHLEE
No! Since when?

AMY
It’s all over Facebook.

ASHLEE
Oh my God, he’s so wrong for her!

Amy looks down at her lap; fiddling with her hands.

AMY
(Sighs)
I really don’t wanna go in today.

ASHLEE
Why don’t you just bunk off?

Amy turns around and looks at Ashlee.

AMY
Mum will kill me if I miss anymore school Ashlee, I can’t!

ASHLEE
(Looking concerned)
Amy, you look so pale, why don’t you try adding some blusher or bronzer?

AMY
(Looking frustrated)
Well I wouldn’t know which ones to buy or even how to put it on!

ASHLEE
Okay, well maybe do something different with your hair today? Maybe a plait?

AMY
(Shyly)
No, I don’t care what my hair looks like.

Amy and Ashlee’s mum stands at the bottom of the stairs.

MUM
PAGE 2
(Yelling)
Hurry up! You’re going to be late again!

AMY
(Shouting)
Coming!

ON ROUTE TO SCHOOL

The two sisters begin walking to school while chatting and listening to music.

AMY
Oh my God play this one! Literally love this song at the moment.

ASHLEE
I don’t think I’ve heard that, I prefer older songs like this one, now this is such a classic!

Both the girls start singing synchronously to a song they both know.

ASHLEE
Are we going to our favourite placed later then?

AMY
(Excitedly)
Yes! That would be such a laugh.

The school bell rings. Amy and Ashlee both look at each other laughing.

AMY
(Laughing)
Quick we’re gonna be late!

IN SCHOOL CORRIDOR/CLASSROOM

TEACHER
(Angry)
Why are you so late?

AMY
(Quietly)
I just am.

TEACHER
(Pointing to the chair)
Sit down

IN CLASSROOM

The teacher is heard talking in the background.

STUDENT 1
(Whispering)
PAGE 3
Oh my God, look at her hair it’s so greasy!

STUDENT 2
(Whispering)
She’s such a freak.

Amy dissociates herself from her immediate surroundings in the classroom and enters an altered state of consciousness.

TEACHER
(Her voice gradually fading in)
Amy! Are you listening? Amy!

Amy gains a state of reality again and looks confused an unaware of what just happened.

AMY
What?

Amy’s classmates laugh at her as the bell rings; dismissing the lesson.

TEACHER
(Sighs)
Okay guys, see you tomorrow.

As the students are packing away their things some of the students can be heard saying nasty comments about Amy. Amy rushes out of the room upset.

ASHLEE
(Looking concerned)
Are you okay?

AMY
(Frustrated)
Let’s just get out of here.

BRIGHTON PIER

The scene begins with a few establishing shots of Brighton, while ambient background noises of seagulls and waves can be heard. Amy and Ashlee can be heard screaming and laughing whilst on an amusement ride.

AMY
(Yelling with excitement)
This is so fun!

ASHLEE
(Yelling)
Yeah!

Once the girls get off the ride they walk around the pier interacting in various activities such as looking at the see from the railings, taking selfies, going in the arcade and buying doughnuts. As they do this the girls talk amongst one another and joke around.
 PAGE 4

BRIGHTON BEACH

The girls are sitting on the beach with ice creams, talking.

AMY
I wish we could do this everyday!

ASHLEE
Yeah me too.

AMY
(Sadly says)
It’s just not the same anymore; everything’s changed. I hate school, I have no friends and mum just doesn’t understand!

ASHLEE
Come on let’s not think about that now, let’s just have a good time.

AMY
(Glumly)
Okay……

The girls get up and leave.

BEACH HUTS

The girls are shown walking around near the beach huts.

AMY
Let’s take a selfie.

ASHLEE
Yeah!

Amy takes the photo and looks at it with an unnerving expression on her face.

ASHLEE
I love that photo! You should put it on Instagram.

AMY
(Looking sad)
Yeeaaah………

GRAVEYARD

Amy sits in front of a gravestone and begins talking while sobbing. As she is talking a series of flashbacks are presented in a montage and her voice is presented through a voiceover.

AMY
PAGE 5
(Sobbing)
I really miss you! Nothing’s been the same since you’ve been gone; I try to imagine a life with you still in it but I realise now that what I’ve been doing isn’t right.

Amy lovingly strokes the flowers next to the gravestone.

AMY
I can’t believe it’s been one year.


   
THE END.


No comments:

Post a Comment