Search This Blog

Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Film Poster Research 2-Jess Smith



-Film Poster 2-The Gravedigger's Son 

-Directed by Jake Yard

-Found on shortfilmposters.com

I really like this poster for many reasons. One of them being how they've used the light in the main image because it works really well translating that settings atmosphere and also gives the audience a sense of the genre, as it connoted horror. This genre is also emphasised by through the name of the film, which stands out well in a white font against a black background. The fact that they've also included relevant short film festival logo's on the poster gives it a very sophisticated look and will make readers a lot more interested, as it is now associated with large events. The billing block is also positioned in a clear place, however it's not taking up the majority of the bottom of the poster, like some other short film posters. There isnt anything I would add or change about this poster, therefore I will take inspiration from it when we get the chance to create our own film poster. 












No comments:

Post a Comment